Wednesday, September 19, 2007

YES siree! I have a 5D!

But this was taken BEFORE the new baby arrived ;)
Putting on shoes kept Emerson occupied for 15 minutes. He gave up and found something else to play with. But I had to take a photo. Pity the ISO was CRANKED up high and the shots of intense concentration are so noisy you can barely see who it is - but this worked...
EAT YOUR HEART OUT DAVID BECKHAM! I'm only 17 months old!
And obviously training to be a goalie - since I keep forgetting that you use your feet NOT your hands!
And now my new love..
My L series lens. Put that on the 5D and OMG I need to get to the gym to build some muscle!!
But wow. I'm so excited. CANNOT wait to have a session.
I could NOT have done this shot like this at this ISO on my old "excuse I called a camera" (oh that was harsh... but oh boy am I in love!)



And yes - Even Emerson is impressed. He even looked at the camera! It MUST be the L series. LOL
(Do I sound like a complete moron if I say with a bigger camera & lens I actually feel like I can call myself a professional photographer???)

xxx

4 comments:

... said...

OH congrats on the new member of your family!!! im highly jealous!!! :)
those pics are GORGEOUS and so clear! do your old canon lenses work on it?

Gemma said...

Hi Amelia!
Technically yes the 50mm f1.8 did - but it got dropped TWICE when i was in Sydney! OOPS. So it wasn't working WELL. And I replaced it with the f1.4 50mm....
I have a list as long as my arm of lenses I want... but i think I have to recover a little from the excitement of these ones first!
xx

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS Gemma. I'm laughing my butt off at Mr mini-Beckham. SO freaking cute. And of course, the 5d shots are TDF. I'm so jealous of your L lens ;)

Luvlee said...

Hey Gem.. Congrats.. Love the shots of Emerson at the table. :)