Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the joys & heartache of a new 5D

So I'm meant to be doing a happy dance...

BUT...
I woke up on Monday morning. THe first thing I though of was my 5d. I ran downstairs like a child on Christmas morning to find it was only 7:10am. Bugger. So I waited. and waited.
FINALLY there was a knock at the door! It was my husbands playstation 1 that he'd bought on ebay for $30. NOT my 5D. BUGGER. I was so annoyed.

Then ten minutes later - another knock at the door! YAY HAPPY DAY! The 5d had arrived!!
So I quickly put the one lens I had that would work happily on it, my 50mm f1.8.
The shutter stuck.
I had to take the lens off to release it.

So I waited for the lenses to arrive to see if it was my lens. I have dropped it twice.

So I waited, and waited, and waited.
430pm came and no lenses.

So I rang. Found out he hadn't sent them by courier, but by post. But they will still arrive today. NOPE. Rang the postal company - they hadn't heard of the number.

So I waited.
And I'm STILL WAITING.

It's now Wednesday!

But if they don't arrive by 330pm - the guy will jump on his motorbike and deliver them to my husband to bring home.

So I'll update you later! So no - I've had a 5D for nearly 3 days and only a bung lens to use!
I have a session tomorrow so can't wait to play!!

In the meantime - here are some images (with the 5d!!) of a gift I received from a client a few weeks ago.
I photographed her whilst pregnant, then her birth and her beautiful baby boy when he was home again. we have become great friends, and this brought tears to my eyes!!




Oh, and I have some big news to announce soon (just gotta get the all clear)
xxx ;)

1 comment:

Mary-Ella said...

sorry about your woes - man the impatience would be killer....

your coming....?....awesome - let me know when.....