Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pain

After days of annoying PAIN, I spoke to my midwife at 11pm last night and she has a theory. Which makes sense. So I went to Emergency today and lay there for 4 hours while I was prodded and poked and finally given some pain relief. I wasn't in early labour (thank God) and the pain relief worked.
So the current theory is this. I have a hyper-sensitive uterus.
I've always had chronic "monthly times", and apparently my uterus simply doesn't like being pregnant, or struggles being pregnant.

But all is good, be'be is healthy & happy, it's just poor mummy that isn't!

So ordered to {close to} bed rest and pain relief when i need it.

So this is my version of a diary-type image to describe it all.

3 comments:

... said...

Oh my goodness, thats stressfull! but you must be relieved a little! must be hard to rest with your little one...do you get much help? I really hope your naughty uterus setteles down :)

Jess said...

You know, for a pregnant woman, you look so small in that photo! Glad to hear you found something that works. Take lots of care, and use that bedrest time for tons of knitting! <3

Unknown said...

I love this self portrait, and sending you 'pain be gone' thoughts. Glad you got some relief and I hope that as your uterus continues to blossom with little one, the pain does not continue.

Peace, Tara Marie [aka. AnnikaLeigh from Flickr]