Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hmm.. Chalk & Crayon Soup anyone??

Emerson learning to cook. Yes cook. At 18 months old , we are learning to cook. Say to him "go stir the dinner" he grabs a pot & spoon and off he goes. LOVES IT.Taste testing can sometimes be a bad thing :P

As you can *kinda* see in the background.. we have LOTS of toys scattered in the "toy area" (which drives me insane.. I so need a new toy box or something)
but no, the ottoman is the stove, and at a time we have 5 or 6 saucepans out for cooking.
It's so cute!



OMG OMG OMG OMG.... one morning Emerson stirred.. I went downstairs quietly to check my email before he really *woke* up.. and 9 o'clock came, 10 o'clock... finally I poked my head in to see that he was ok (I could hear him breathing thru the door - he was a little blocked up)
and managed to not only NOT wake him, but get the camera in!!
That is rather exciting as Emerson is the kind of child who a) hates the camera, b) doesn't sleep like an angel, and c) this is a miracle...
Mummy rather excited....

Gosh they are peaceful when they are sleeping. Then little devils when they are awake!

Finally got an invite to Ravelry today (happy dance)
and now I have a new forum to get all addicted too... and inspired by... and to learn LOL
I've already got a list (in my head - cause I'm still learning the whole ravelry thing!) of new projects and who's going to get what for Christmas... Can't wait - it's so exciting!!
I guess I'm one of the cool kids now :)
One thing that I got very excited about is there is a group on there fully dedicated to Firefly fans & stuff! (Yes Mully you read that right!)
I mean - OMG that is just so cool..
For those you don't know Firefly - it's by the guy who directs (?) Buffy, and only went for one season in the states. Season two got bought by another company and it because a short season squashed into the movie Serenity.
Which I haven't seen yet.. simply because my copy of Firefly, the last episode skips... and FINALLY Sci-fi Channel is airing the final episode next Tuesday, so FINALLY I can see it and FINALLY I can watch Serenity.
WOOHOO!

Sorry to ramble on about that...

Haven't got any other news really... Oh I lie - our friends from New Zealand are coming for New Years to stay! And they are (obviously) bringing their 7 month old girl with them! YAY!
I'm very excited.
Anyway that's all..

2 comments:

... said...

those pics are so gorgeous! i really love the one where he's reaching for that pot and its a slightly wider angle. he looks so gorgeous when he sleeps too!
Oooo, and 7months, will be expecting lots of lovely photos coming this way :)

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful!! Absolutely love your pictures, caught some of them on flickr!!

And yea seems like your young boy might grow up to be a very famous chef, and his mummy might have to then pose for the camera rather than the other way around..

Great pictures..
Cheers