Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jumping the gun (knitting)

So this is my first totally blog entry totally decicaded to knitting! LOL
Since I was 5, or so, I've been one of 'those' knitters... you know the kind that knitted scarves and hats on the round... and made things up..
So lately it's been my mission to learn to follow patterns. Mum was going to "teach" me but we haven't really had time..
So I bought a couple from spotlight (eek) and tried to read them. Started to understand.
Then the first pattern I "followed" was given by a friend (wink wink) and I kinda followed it.
And i was proud.

Then I was ORDERED by Amanda to make some of the cutest booties known to mankind and succeeded - but need to get some yummy yarn to really make them ;)

THEN! I finally spoke to mum about one pattern that I had for a baby cardi. And finally "got it".
I found a yummy yummy yarn store close to me that means I will no longer hold 'shares' in spotlight and actually get some decent yarn (happy dance)

So I wanted to make this cardi in a beautiful stone colour, but they only had two balls, and I needed three.. SIGH.

But as much as I wanted to go against hte norm and NOT make this cardi in the usual newborn colours - I decided there is a time and a place for newborn colours and got some yummy Debbie Bliss yarn in baby cashmerino in Olive-y green...

AND OMG!! Ive successfully divided the piece and finished the first front left side! (and btw our power in our area went out last night so the last three rows were done by candelight (how very medieval!)

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!

hehe

so now I have to save this post and go take a picture.

So fellow knitters, what do you think?!
I'm patiently (actually not patiently) waiting for my Debbie Bliss baby knit books to arrive (from the UK (would you believe it was cheaper to get them directly from the UK with postage and the exchange rate - then to buy from my local store... and for less than the stores price, I'm getting TWO books :D)
then I'm going to have SOOOOOOO many projects on the go... GRIN

So in other news, we had a prediction done on what sex the baby is (but not going to tell until the scan - just in case :D) but I'm EXCITED! We even got a personality prediction - and a future reading for Emerson, so put it in this way in 26 years I'll tell you if she was correct LOL

AND - I managed to sneak in the 5D to a Shihad gig on Monday night!
WOOHOO! They are Garrison's FAV band from New Zealand. (some of you may know of them as Pacifier)
Got some UNREAL pics, but they are for another post as this one is DEDICATED to knitting :)

So I have 4 sessions + Shihad to proof, about 6 orders of prints to assemble and no energy cause I haven't slept in two nights... EEEK

And November is going to be a GREAT month - I'm so excited... but can't tell you why (aren't I mean????)

So that's it. Hopefully some more pics for you soon :D
xxx love to all :)

5 comments:

Amanda K said...

YAY knitting :D

Amanda K said...

Oops... it just posted my comment too early o.O

Ok what I MEANT to say was... Yay knitting :D and, I don't think olive-y green is too typically newborn. I love green... especially darker shades, and it goes for boys and girls ;) I wanna know the prediction! Lol. No fair :P Which DB book did you order? I have a whole bunch, have not knit a single thing from them tho! You can see the ones I've got on my rav books page.

Jess said...

Ooo, those photos look so great! I *love* how it's looking so far. Have you ever considered buying yarn from other Ravelers (check here for people who are destashing http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/iso-and-destashing/topics)? I've bought so much! I'll grant, most of us are in the US, but if you pay shipping, most people won't mind sending international.

And yay for gender predictions!! Hope it's a girl, so you can have one of both. ;)

... said...

Its impressive, so neat looking, and i LOVE that colour!!!

norrbu said...

ditto