Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Sydney Trip - PART I

I have now started this blog (yes I'm terrible - i always change my mind) as it's not connected to my client one. And Emerson's blog so I can be more personal on this one. And not have clients read it - which suits me better.

SO... part one of the Sydney trip.
I went to Sydney with a goal. Well several goals!! This post is about finding one!

I arrived at 8am at Circular Quay, and set out on my "rocks" plan. Years ago I visited Sydney with Mary & my father, and when going for lunch I spotted the place they had film "playing beatie bow" - a book I read in Primary School. It was an awesome location, so this trip I wanted to go back and do a photo series of the place.


But on the way I got SERIOUSLY lost! Here I was wondering around The Rocks with about 15kg's on my back, and seriously tired by 930am.

I walked past Sydney's oldest pub and seriously thought about it - but it was full of men, and I didn't feel confident enough.




I then found myself BACK at Circular Quay, so almost gave up. But i REALLY wanted to do this series, so pulled out the map, called dad to see if he thought it was the place I found on the map, thought about getting a cab there.. then decided no... I'd brave the walk (again).
This time I made it. This post is some of the images I got along the way.







No comments: